CCA values our volunteers and are grateful for those who complete their 40 (or 20 for single parents) hours. It is very important that you login your hours. To log volunteer hours go to www.cherrycreekacademy.org, "Community''. This is our only record of your contributions so it is important that you keep it up to date. Parents are notified of accrued volunteered hours throughout the school year.
Copiers and Laminators: The copiers in the building are for school use only. Parents may not use these for personal copying without permission from the office staff. Parents must have training before using any of the copiers or laminators.
- While we greatly appreciate our parent volunteers and the time devoted to copying, please recognize the need of any teacher or staff member to use the machine at that time, and allow him/her the priority to complete his/her task before completing yours.
All parents/legal guardians of children at CCA shall volunteer as outlined below:
- Two parent family – 40 hours per school year (both parents in the same household)
- Joint parenting family – 20 hours each parent, a total of 40 hours per school year (parents in separate households, but both responsible for child’s care)
- Single parent family – 20 hours, per school year (one parent solely responsible for child’s care)
All families shall sign a confidentiality agreement before completing any privacy-sensitive volunteer work (such as grading).
Parents shall log all hours online using the link provided on the CCA website.
Parents, Grandparents or Legal Guardians may earn volunteer hours for the following activities:
- Volunteering in the classroom
- Volunteering with individual/groups of children (please do not bring younger children with you)
- Volunteering in school sponsored events
- Volunteering with take-home work for teachers
- Volunteering with any specials teachers
- Volunteering in the lunchroom
- Volunteering as Chaperones on CCA approved field/grade trips
- Carpooling team members to a CCA sports event (must be other students in addition to your own child)
- Volunteering in CCA sports events
- Volunteering with the PTO
- Volunteering with traffic
- Volunteering on Board Committees (parents/legal guardians only)
- Parents, Legal Guardians, Grandparents, and Family Members may gain volunteer hours for the following activities:
- Volunteering on school grounds (playground clean up, etc) during off school hours
- Volunteer on summer building work
Donating your volunteer hours to another family is not permitted.
Volunteer hours may be earned for the current school year within the effective dates of July 1st through June 30th of each year.
CCA-based extra-curricular activities (i.e. Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts), conducted with the consent of the Executive Director, but not a part of the CCA curriculum, may be logged as volunteer hours.
Any family with circumstances prohibiting their ability to perform their volunteer hours must contact the Executive Director.
Any hours completed over forty hours are noted and greatly appreciated by the teachers and staff. Volunteer hours are often included in grant application criteria. We are proud of our commitment to volunteering and all our great volunteers.
Any family not completing their volunteer hours will lose sibling priority privileges and will be ineligible to vote in CCA elections.
Morning traffic/crosswalk - Contact Mrs. Sadie if you are interested. Amount of time earned: 2 hrs per day.
Afternoon traffic/crosswalk Contact Mrs. Sadie if you are interested. Amount of time earned: 2 hrs per day.
Lunchroom duty (supervision, helping open food, cleaning tables) Email email@example.com if interested. Amount of time earned is 1:1 (1 hour per every hour spent there).
For more opportunities, please contact your child's homeroom teacher.
Service Hrs Instructions if Applicable Amazon Smile 1
Visit https://smile.amazon.com to set up your Amazon account as a Smile Account and select Cherry Creek Academy PTO as your charity.
Back to School Night Meetings 1 Attend a virtual back to school night presentation. Board Meetings 1:1 Attend a Board or Board Committee Meeting King Soopers Loyalty Program 1
The PTO's King Soopers fundraiser is changing.
Our community will no longer have to use the gift cards for their purchases.
Please log into your King Soopers account. Once logged into your King Soopers account, click on King Soopers Community Rewards under the Save tab. You will then search for Cherry Creek Academy either by name or GW800 and then click Enroll. Once enrolled, CCA's PTO will earn a percentage of your sales every time you use your loyalty card/number. For more information, please click here.
Mobile App 1 Download the CCA mobile app Parent Teacher Conferences 1:1 Attend a virtual parent teacher conference PIN Meetings 1:1 Attend a virtual PIN meeting PTO Meetings 1:1 Attend a virtual PTO meeting Social Media 1 Follow CCA on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter and get one hour for each platform.